sally header2

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Orchidaceae for your Wednesday-ceae

I got home two nights ago to a fantastic present from V...
Aren't they beautiful? It is one of the fragrant orchids from the genus, I don't really know but I think it might be a Cattleya. The first flowers he ever bought me were Phalaenopsis orchids and so I love that the trend is continuing. Being two biologists, we both appreciate the geek-y science aspect of orchids. How could you not love flowers that look and smell like female bees in order to attract male bees! Even Darwin published on the adaptations that orchid flowers have to attract pollinators. We love them so much that the unifying detail (note: Not THEME) of the wedding is going to be taken from the color of Cymbidium orchids, which V will wear and I will carry.

Flowers, a submission, a great run on Monday, and an experiment running in the lab- I hope the rest of the week is as good as the first part has been!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home