Anyways, I don't usually do New Years resolutions but feel compelled to record at least a few knitting goals (and others) for this year. If there is a record I can be held accountable. That is good right? Here goes...
1) Learn how to knit socks. I am intimidated by them. They seem impossible. I like a challenge and then I can buy all the cool dyed yarn from Sunshine Yarns. Plus everyone needs socks.
2) Finish things. I still am only about 1/3 the way through Branching Out. I started the DNA scarf this past weekend (gift for a prof/V's bosslady). I still am not done with the Big Bad Baby Blanket (due for baby in April). I have 2 sets of armwarmer half done. I bought and received yarn as gifts and tond of new books but I am going to try to finish things first.
3) Give up celebrity gossip. I am hopelessly addicted to Gawker and Defamer. Why? Who knows. My own life is interesting enough. At least it will be if I do things instead of reading stupid stuff online about people who I don't know. I accomplished this one when I was in the field for a month this summer and lacked internet access. If I did it once, I can do it again.
4) Watch less TV, read books. I always have the tv on in the backround. It is on right now as I blog. I should enjoy silence more. I also say that I don't read at home because I read so much for school. I don't really TRY to read that much though. Time to start with Aquagenesis by Richard Ellis that V got from the library. I'm still watching my shows though- Scrubs if finally back!!
5) Try not to get so worked up if I mess up on my knitting. I swear like a sailor if I mess up. I'm still working on my 1st lace and 2nd cable project- there is no reason I should expect them to be perfect. This may be important if I get around to #1...
6) Work harder at work. Pretty self explainatory.
That's enough of those. We will see how they go and I'll keep you updated- at least on the knitting ones =)
Have a great New Years Eve and first few days of the New Year! V and I are off to Hoboken tonight to see Yo La Tengo. Should be fun!